Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Camp

We've unpacked from the Knitters' Fair and we're filling boxes for Camp.

I get asked 'What do you do at Camp?' Here is a little bit about the weekend.

I arrive at Camp on Wednesday evening to start getting ready. We spend the evening making goodie bags with all the amazing samples that are donated by my suppliers.

Thursday morning we set up the mini yarn shop.
Students start arriving after lunch on Thursday.
Thursday evening we have 'game' night. It is a great way for the new attendees and returning Campers to meet each other. Everyone is divided into teams. (Fiona's team has never won at Camp. I wonder if it will change this year)
Classes start on Friday morning. On Friday evening we have a fashion show. We show 30-40 garments from suppliers, that my knitters have made, that I have knit and a few that I have borrowed from customers. We don't repeat garments from one year to the next.

Saturday we have more classes and then Saturday evening we do a student fashion show.
The students show off garments that have made over the year. It is very inspiring to see their fabulous work.


Door prizes are given out Saturday evening. During the weekend, students earn money. They put their 'dollars' into the basket or baskets of the prizes that they want to win. Think back to going to a penny sale when you were young. We draw for prizes.

All of this is by the lake.

And don't forget the food.
Now I need to get back to work. I'm teaching three classes this year and need to finish my class notes.

No comments: