Monday, July 24, 2017

Thank you Isabelle

I sent some yarn to Quebec (Sainte-Julie to be exact) last month. Isabelle just sent pictures of her finished shawl. I'm in love. I bought the pattern from Ambah when it came out and have been contemplating making it. Now I know that I need to make it. Isabelle's colour choice is stunning. If I didn't have work to do tonight I might be going to the store.

Pattern: Bambara Wrap (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 4 skeins of Adelaide from Primrose Yarn Co
-Aphrodite
-Flashdance
-Hermione
-Nasty Unicorn
Bambara is a generously-sized wrap, knit on the bias with simple shaping and alternating sections of lace and garter. The colours and patterns weave together like the layers of a melody, calling to mind the iconic sound of The Cure’s A Forest. It’s the perfect opportunity to play with colour – use a 3-skein gradient with a coordinating contrast colour, mix speckles and solids in 4 different colours for a fun, bold look, or keep it subtle with neutral solids.
Here is Ambah's version. Beautiful as well.

Someone was very tired when she got home from doggy daycare.

No comments: