Sunday, August 21, 2016

Eccentric Chevron Wrap

Here is my Olympic knitting so far. If I wanted to 'cheat' I could cast off right now and say that I finished during the Olympics. I can't do that though. I still have yarn and I don't waste yarn. I have to accept defeat and say that I didn't finish. It's the first time ever and I'm sad.

This afternoon I had equipment failure. My needle broke where the tip and cord join. I had too many stitches on the needle - I should have been working with a longer cord. It doesn't help that I jam my knitting into the bag and I'm not gentle with it. I got all the stitches picked up and went on a search for a 4mm needle. I found a 150cm cord (what I should have been using from the start) and 4mm tips. I was on my way. For 2 and a half rows before I realized that the stitches felt loose. I didn't start on a 4mm needle. It was a 3.75mm. I had to do another search and found the right tips and I'm back on my way. The shawl is in garter stitch and no one will see the few rows that were on the wrong needle.

We have another new sample in the store.
Pattern: Endless Wrap (you can purchase the pattern on Ravelry or in the store)
Yarn: 9 skeins of Woolstok from Blue Sky Fibers
Wrap yourself in yards of cozy Woolstok. Fun to knit, fun to wear, the Endless Wrap is a long swath of lofty, textural knitted fabric. Panels of knit/purl and yarn over patterns make this a good next step project for a beginner knitter.

I took my friend outside three different times to get pictures and every time the shawl looks a bit too orange.

The true colour is 1311 Rusted Roof.

It's almost time for the Closing Ceremonies and I'm heading back to my knitting. I hope to have the shawl finished this week so that I can get back to a few other projects. I have a long list of things to complete before the Knitters' Fair.

1 comment:

Diane said...

I didn't finish either!!! Not even close... Oh well!!
Your shawl is still beautiful!

Diane